Thursday, September 27, 2012
TOP SEVEN HOUSE PAINTING RULES
An individual’s home can be a dream comes true for him. It’s only after numerous efforts that a house is brought to its final form. The journey of a house from a single brick to a structure tall and proud with which one can associate and call it a home is a long one. A lot of sweat and hard work goes into it. Needless to say that a home that has come up to its present forms after putting in so much of hard work should be adorned and decorated accordingly. This is why people pay utmost attention to the designing of their dream houses. Every piece in the house goes into its final place after a lot of thinking and deliberation. Among all chores that are integral to the designing of the house, the most important one is painting the house because it decides the entire look of the house.
Why is painting the house important?
Painting the house assumes utter importance in the sense that it adds a particular personality to the house. The colour that adorns the walls of the house can go a long way in giving it a distinct identity from other similar structures in the neighbourhood. Not only does paint provide particular look to the house, it also gives it protection from the agents of nature. The exterior paint protects the house from rain, sun, wind and other agents of nature. The interior paint performs a somewhat similar function for the interiors of the house.
Top house painting rules
Since paint is so important to the house, there needs to be a careful procedure and strategy that needs to be followed in regard to house painting. The most important of them can be discussed as follows-
• The brush needs to be sloshed- The brush should be duly wetted with the solvent that is going to be used for washing the brush at the end of the painting regime. The brush can also be rolled in a plastic sheet and kept in a freezer instead if it has to be used in the near future.
• Use of gloves- Gloves are a must when it comes to painting. Latex gloves are generally preferred when painting. However one can also apply lotion to in order to prevent allergies and ensure that the paint comes out easily.
• Use only good quality brushes and rollers- Only a good quality brush should be used while painting. Cheap and low quality brushes can leave marks on the wall and disrupt smooth painting
• Maintain a wet edge- A continuous wet edge should be maintained. While painting, an attempt should be made to keep painting away from the wet edge. This will avoid any kind of overlapping.
• Test the paint- A small area of the wall should be tested with a sample of the pain to ensure that the paint would go well with the wall surface.
• Use a blue tape- The blue tape should be used as alternative to the traditional masking tape as it peels off easily.
• The painting process- The painting process should comprise a series of steps followed in a sequential order
o Cabinets and cupboards
Painting is quite a delicate process when seen in context to the house. Thus one needs to closely follow the rules in this regard.